- Who we are
- Our website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Your rights
- Keeping your personal information secure
- How to complain
- How to contact us
Who we are
VeryConnect Limited, is a company registered in Scotland under registered number SC465109 whose principal place of business is at 74 Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7DS, Scotland. We are an internet software company.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the Data Protection Act 2018 which applies in the UK and the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom). We are responsible as ‘controller’ of the personal information of those who visit our website, and the ‘processor’ of the data of our customers, suppliers and employees for the purposes of those laws.
We are an ICO registered company. Our ICO registration number is ZA289536.
Scope of Policy
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase services and complete customer surveys via our website; in the case of suppliers when we do business with them; and in the case of employees in the course of their employment.
We collect this personal information from customers or potential customers either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase services, or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see "Cookies" below).
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website and whether you are a VeryConnect customer or supplier. Such information includes:
- your name, address, email address and contact details including telephone number
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you or in the case of suppliers you provide to us
Additionally, personal data may be included within content which you choose to upload to our website and by doing so you consent to us processing all such personal data for the purposes of the services we provide to our customers.
We use this personal information to:
- verify your identity
- provide services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
- and in the case of suppliers to conduct our business with you
In the case of employees (and contractors) the information we shall hold about you includes:
- your name, address, e-mail address and contact details including telephone number
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- contact details of emergency contacts
- bank details
- health records you provide, including allergies
- employment/service contracts and records
- copies of photographic ID
- pension details
- bank details
- holiday entitlement
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract (including an employment or consultancy contract) we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
Further information—the personal information we collect, when and how we use it
For further details on when we collect personal information, what we collect as well as how we use it, please read the following sections:
When information is collected
What information we ask for
How and why we use your information
When you register with us for information
Contact details: your full name ,email address and phone number (optional)
We ask for this to contact you in relation to any demonstration request we have received.
We rely on consent as the lawful basis for collecting and using your personal information.
We will keep this information for a period of 3 years or until you ask to be removed.
When you register with us as a customer/register your members with us
Contact details: your name, address, email address and phone number
We ask for this in order to:
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis for collecting your data and using your personal information.
We rely on contract as the lawful basis for collecting data from your members based on the contract we enter with you.
Data will be deleted upon request.
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information will only be shared with third parties where there is a proper legal basis for us to do so.
In some cases we require to do so to perform or enforce our contract with you, where third party services are necessary. Examples include payment processors such as Stripe or Go Cardless. Any such third parties go through careful vetting, are subject to obligations of confidentiality and are always based within the EU/EEA.
This data sharing enables us to fulfil our services such as receiving and processing payments. We will never share data about the members of customers with these third parties, this is your responsibility.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Cookies and similar technologies
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We would like to send you information about services we offer, which may be of interest to you. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this by post, email or telephone.
If you would like to receive marketing messages from VeryConnect, you will be given the option to opt-in when you register your interest with us.
If you have previously agreed to being contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe at any time by:
- contacting our Data Protection Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails
Once notified of your request, you will be removed from our mailing list without undue delay. It may take up to 10 working days for this to take place in instances where emails or letters were scheduled to be received prior to the request for removal being made.
For more information on your rights in relation to marketing, see 'Your rights’ below.
Under the data protection legislation applicable in the UK, you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance on www.ico.org.uk.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- Provide us with enough information to identify you (eg member profile, organisation you are a member of, or registration details),
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Contact can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The UK data protection regulations also give you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
Please contact our Data Protection Contact if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Contact please send an email to email@example.com, write to 74 Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7DS, Scotland or call +44 (0)141 459 1024.